29.10.12

winnetka.

Todd was on his way to work this morning, when his boss called and told him that work would be cancelled for the next two days. Due to the storms in NYC, the financial/trading world is down over there so that makes it down here too. Atleast for Todd's company. I didn't have work today either, so we decided to take advantage and explore outside of the city.


We drove up to a suburb called Winnetka. Such a cute town! It was so fun to explore and see all the beautiful houses and the tree lined streets. We got hot chocolate and walked through bookstores. Todd and I were in awe of how quaint and gorgeous everything was. It made me want to explore all over to see what other cute towns are hidden off the freeway. I kinda love Illinois.



My sister and her family are in lower Manhattan in the middle of the Frankenstorm. I have been making her send me text updates throughout the day. Luckily they haven't been evacuated and its so far so good. Hope everyone is safe over there!!



No comments: