30.4.12

the best birthday weekend.

I'll tell you what, twenty-four seems pretty great so far.  My birthday weekend was the best way to start it off!

T and I planned the entire weekend to the minute. We are planners, and we like it. 

My actual birthday was on Friday. We slept in, and I got to open my presents from Todd. He gave me a "cooking" themed birthday present. Including a cooking lesson at Communal restaurant! Can't wait! Then we walked from our apartment to have breakfast at Guru's. I got the blueberry pancakes. Divine.

After Todd got a haircut, we scheduled in a nap. Haha, I love naps. Then we headed to the movie theater to see a matinee movie! I got popcorn, junior mints, and a large diet coke!! So perfect. 


Later that night we met a bunch of our friends and family at Malawi's Pizza for dinner! So many people came and I was so grateful!! It was such a blast to see everyone and just chat and hang out. Thanks guys!!


T made reservations at the Grand America hotel in SLC for Saturday night! We got an awesome deal that included their amazing Sunday brunch! We got their as soon as we could check in on Saturday. We swam in their indoor pool and when we came back to our room, there was the cutest little macaron birthday cake waiting for us! So nice of the hotel to do that! That night we went shopping at City Creek, had dinner, and people watched from our hotel room balcony. 


Sunday morning we attended Music and the Spoken Word at Temple Square. We arrived as the choir was warming up and practicing. When you walk into that Tabernacle and hear the music in those acoustics it is impossible not to instantly feel the spirit in the room. After the program, we headed back to the Grand America to have brunch! I probably ate my weight in all that delicious food. 



We ended the weekend up at my parents house with the family. Best. Birthday. Weekend. Ever. Thank you so much to my sweet husband and for all the work he put into making my birthday one I will never forget!

4 comments:

Miss Mary said...

Sounds so great! Glad you had such a wonderful birthday! Hope this year is totally awesome for you :)

Laura and Guthrie said...

Oh you deserve it lady! I love it!

laurel said...

Sounds like the best birthday ever! So glad you had a great weekend.

Randi said...

that sounds amazing, i love weekends away