22.11.13

apple raspberry pie.

Can we talk about this pie for a second? It's to die. A pie to die for. Haha ok a little dramatic, but seriously it's good. You should make it for Thanksgiving if you're needing a dessert idea.

I usually just buy store bought pie crust because I am always scared to make a homemade one. But this time I decided to try Pioneer Woman's "Perfect Pie Crust". Find that recipe here. It's flaky, buttery, and actually really easy to make! I was surprised how easy it was. She splits the dough up into three crusts but I just split the dough in half and it ended up being the perfect amount for two with only a little extra. But I'd rather have extra than not enough. Do what you will.


My sister Meriel has also made this pie a lot and has perfected it even more. Here is the perfected recipe:

Apple Raspberry Pie


1 ¼ cups sugar
5 Tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon nutmeg
¼ teaspoon salt
4-5 cups peeled, cored, and thinly sliced Granny Smith apples
6 oz frozen or fresh raspberries
2 Tablespoons butter
1 Tablespoon lemon juice

·      Line your pie plate with crust

·      Combine sugar, flour, spices and salt in a bowl

·      Add apples and raspberries to the mixture and mix carefully to coat fruit

·      Arrange apple slices and raspberries neatly in a prepared pie pan, mounding them slightly in center

·      Dot with butter and sprinkle with lemon juice

·      Top with crust

·      Bake at 400 degrees for 45-50 min




4 comments:

danielle said...

That pie is darling! How is it November? Doesn't feel like it in AZ, huh??

Unknown said...

I made this pie for Thanksgiving this year, and it was great!!! Thank you so much for sharing! I wrote a post about it! Check it out!
http://www.lifebylindsay.com/recipe-review/holiday-recipies-used-thanksgiving/

It will now be a pie I will rotate in! We loved it!

Rachel U said...

Thanks Lindsay! I'm so glad you made it! It really is so good:)

Unknown said...

My absolute favorite thing. Raspberry pie, I will definitely try your recipe, can never try enough pie recipes! Thanks for this!