7.1.13

ginger carrots.

When my parents were in town, I decided to make them dinner one night at our place. I had a couple of new recipes up my sleeves that I had been wanting to try. I made THIS brown sugar balsamic glazed pork loin. Please do yourself a favor and head on over to that link and make that pork loin tonight. It is super easy and SOOOOO good. Todd dies over it.

I also tried out a new side dish recipe. It's main ingredients are carrots, orange zest and juice, and ginger ale. It's also really pretty when its all finished. Love all the colors.


Ginger Carrots
{adapted from: thechew.com}
  • 5-7 carrots, peeled and cut in half.
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • salt and pepper
  • 2 oranges
  • 1/2 cup ginger ale (i used diet ginger ale one time because they were all sold out of regular at my grocery store. either works great!)
  • 2 cloves minced garlic
  • 1/2 tablespoon minced ginger
  • 1/4 cup chopped parsley

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Peel and cut carrots and toss in a bowl with olive oil and salt and pepper. Add the garlic, and the zest and juice of one of the oranges. 

Heat a sauce pan on medium high heat. Put carrots in an even layer in the pan. Add the ginger ale and cook until the carrots get some color (just a couple minutes). Transfer the carrots to the oven and cook for 25-30 min. Check to see if they are fork tender. 

Sprinkle the zest and juice of the other orange, minced ginger, and parsley over the carrots. Add some more salt and pepper if you'd like. Look at how pretty they are and serve! yummy.


No comments: