18.6.12

holts in chicago.

I was so happy to have my family (parents and brother) in Chicago last week/weekend. While Todd slaved away at his internship, I played with my brother and mom all day. So proud of that guy of mine. T is the best. Luckily he gets off work pretty early (arond 6ish) so he was able to join us for dinner every night.

We did so many fun Chicago things while they were here! 

Architecture boat tour!


The Art Institute of Chicago!


103rd floor of the Willis Tower; a little scary!


We ate at so many yummy places. One of my favorites was Grahamwich. Best grilled cheese EVER.


We had a pre-Father's Day dinner at Smith and Wollensky's steak house. No words to describe how much I love that restaurant. 


Then my dad got us tickets (he knows a guy) to the sold out Cubs vs. Red Sox game! It was packed!! Even though they didn't win, we had awesome seats and loved every minute!


By the end of the week, we were pooped. Especially my parents ;) Thanks again family for coming to visit us!! We love you. 


Did I mention this city is gorgeous at night?


2 comments:

Jeffrey & Dara said...

you guys are such cute city-slickers! such a fun experience

miss aubrey said...

Oh my gosh that grilled cheese looks so incredible. I love seeing all of your adventures and the city looks so fun!