10.9.13

grandpa holt.


My sweet Grandpa passed away last week. He was such a wonderful man, father, Grandpa, Great-Grandpa, church member, and friend. I am so glad that I was able to know him for 25 years. I am also glad that I got to see him just about a month ago. He has suffered from dementia for a number of years and hasn't known who I am for a while. But he always hugged me back and gave me a smile that showed he loved me. 

I was able to fly out for his funeral this past weekend. Everyone who attended told us that it was one of the best funerals they've ever been to. My Grandpa was such a funny guy and had so many tricks and jokes up his sleeve. My dad and his seven siblings gave the best memories of their dad. It was so sweet, funny, and spiritual. I loved every bit. 

Here's one of my favorite jokes of his:

"Knock, Knock.
Who's there?
Butch, Jimmy, and Joe
Butch, Jimmy, and Joe who?
Butch your arms around me, Jimmy a little kiss, and let's Joe home."

Love you Grandpa.



No comments: