7.7.13

chinatown.


I am not sure why it's taken so long for us to visit Chinatown here. We've heard so many great things about it and have been wanting to go there for a while. Chinatown is pretty close to our apartment. Only about 2 miles. We could have easily taken the bus or train, but decided it would be fun to take a water taxi there! It was a great idea and so much fun! We met our friends down there and had a blast exploring. It was even better than I thought it would be. I loved all the markets, restaurants, shops. 



After we got out of the water taxi, we were greeted by these cute old men playing Chinese music. I loved them!

 

 We pretty much ate our way though Chinatown. We ate at Chi Cafe for lunch, got the most amazing lychee smoothies at Joy Yee's Noodle, and I even found a mantou at a bakery. Mantous are steamed rolls. Pretty plan, and pretty delicious. I had 1-2 every day when I lived in China for 4 months teaching English. I miss it. 





Can't wait to go back!

No comments: