24.5.12

homemade bread.

Before yesterday, I had given up on making homemade bread. Too many times I would spend hours kneading and watching bread rise only to find a lump of hard bread coming out of my oven. So I just accepted the fact that I would be making Rhodes rolls for my family for the rest of my life.

I was on Pinterest the other day (obviously) and I came across THIS recipe. It is mandatory to have a Le Creuset pot for this recipe. Or some sort of cast iron pot. I think this pot is what makes it crusty on the outside and so so chewy and yummy on the inside. Also, there are only 4 ingredients. Flour, salt, yeast, and water. No kneading. Just mix. Let rise for 12 hours. Cook for 30 min. Just that easy!

Go make it! You won't be sorry!


1 comment:

jennica said...

i've been wanting to make this! it looks wonderful! Also, im so sad we didn't get to hang out before you and todd moved. have fun in chicago!